Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Eating? Yes, eating.

Ever since I moved away for college I've been cooking for myself whenever I get the chance, which tends to be whenever I'm home for dinner (I live off-campus). Besides the fact that I actually enjoy what cooking has to offer such as trying out new recipes and ideas along with a sense of accomplishment I love how much cheaper and healthier it is than eating out every night. Plus you know women love a man who can cook ;)

Anyway, my point is that through all of these one person sized portions that I've been preparing for myself I've developed a straight-forward and simple method of eating. I call it "right away". And that's pretty much it, as soon as the food is off of the oven-top it goes on a board to be cut then into my mouth :)

Now what I'm wondering is if this affects the nutritional aspect of the food in any way or if it's strictly a convenient method for one person eating. I highly doubt it affects any nutrition but hey, ya never know. The one thing that I do like is how I've really come to appreciate sit down dinners at a much much higher level than I once did so every so often I treat myself with one whenever I have time.

Gotta enjoy the little things in life!

12 comments:

  1. That's pretty much how I eat too haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cooking! Ever since I started living by myself I've been cooking too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i for one eat way to much junkfood ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone loves eating, what's your favorite thing to cook?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only problem I have when making my own meals is the mess I make for just 1 person. I feel like steak, veggies, potato and gravy that's a pan and 3 pots.

    I hate cleaning so bad it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are absolutely right!
    http://baxxmans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, report the mess problem, which I partially solved by owning just one pot and one pan, and adjusting my eating habits so that it's still healthy and tasty (or at least not unhealthy and bad).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Washing dishes really blows and I don't have a washing machine so I make sure to wash my dishes right away or else they make an never ending pile in the sink. I've also lowered my amount of pots and pans to one of each so I HAVE to clean if I wanna eat. I love experimenting with different methods of cooking chicken but I just love anything cajun, it's just so easy to make

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you're eating? wow thats crazy nobody ever does that O_O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eating is by far my favorite pastime. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's between eating and breathing for me...but food goes first :)

    ReplyDelete